Saturday 17 January 2009

2009 - my creative year

It was busy with the run up to Christmas and I just didn't seem to have time to blog and here we are now firmly settled into 2009. I've decided this is my year to be creative and to break free of my safety zone of just doing jewellery. I'm going to try different things this year and will hopefully find the time to post some pics too. I've just finished what is meant to be an enamelled feather. I had a lovely turquoise feather in one of my boxes so I made a sketch and then cut the shape out of copper foil. I shaped the edges a little and then enamelled with several layers of transparent and opaque colours. It turned out better than I thought and hopefully I'll be able to put a pic up soon.
I've got several workshops running over the next month and am looking forward to going away to conference with the Guild of Enamellers in April. It's up in a York so should prove a lovely weekend.

No comments: